Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alrighty folks, lately I've been having problems. (Am I sure I want to get into details?) Ok, I will. But I don't want any, "I'm so sorry Misty" comments! Those make me feel... idk. Like a whiner. :P But in any case, I've been with fearing of failing. Like.. major. Like not wanting to give my speech in front of my parents kinda fear. Fear of letting people down, fear of... not doing anything right. And I've felt that way a lot lately. And just the other day my mom had this huge talk with me about how Jesus can help you with anything, if you just take it to Him. And I'd known that a long time. I mean, I'd heard it. But.. I guess it just never sunk in. And just a few hours after mom talked to me a lot, I mean a LOT, about that I was listening to 33 Miles: The Best Man. And I'd never really understood that song, but listening to it, it just kinda hit me like a brick wall. It goes:

'Cause you make me shine
You make me soar
You make me everything I never was and so much more.
You give me strength. You let me stand
and I don't have to move a mountain, but I know I can.
'Cause you make me the Best Man.

Now, I was listening to that and I found it so powerful. I just couldn't believe I never got that before. But now... I understand it so well. And then this other song came up, 33 Miles: Thank you. And there is this line in there:

Thank you, for sun and rain. For what you give and take away.

And I found that really interesting. I mean, for what you take away? wow. But if you think about it, God is in control, He knows what is best. Sometimes he might take something away, to wake you up. And I thought about it, and it's true. I didn't do my school like I should have (whoops, shouldn't have said that. Umm ignore that. jk) and my parents took away my email/chat. And I have gotten a lot more school done without that. So in some respects, it's kinda like that with God. He make take away something so that you will do better somewhere else.

But 33 Miles has soooo many good, uplifting songs. There is a God, Thank You, The Best Man, what could be Better, Gone, etc., etc. I actually get to see them at the beginning of March, so I'm really excited about that!!

Let's see... Oh right. I was going to talk about that. Ok, for Acteens, Patricia and I are reading a book called Twelve Extraordinary Women. And it is really good and has got me thinking. (I love it when stuff does that! I could sit for HOURS thinking about stuff like this. XD) In it we are reading about Eve right now. And tonight I was reading some really interesting stuff, like her name is only used 4 times in the Bible. :O It also has some really good stuff too. Like this quote:

"The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved."

I LOVE that quote! It's so true though. A lot of women feel they most be equal to or higher then men. And other people feel that woman are there just to serve man and be a servant. But they are meant to be equal. Like the book says, it is a subordinate yet equal role. neither his supervisor nor his slave. The example they give is the Trinity. It's Father Son and Holy Spirit. They are all equal, but like the Son is subordinate to the Father, "I do not seek my own vvill, but the vvill of the Father who sent me." (James 5:30)

Another thing was Eve's temptation. I never really thought about how Satan was prolly going after Adam over Eve, and just used her to get to Adam. Like when Satan says that eating the fruit vvill make you like God, knowing good and evil. And he was partially telling the truth. You vvill not be like God, but you vvill knovv the difference between good and evil. Like, they knew they were naked and clothed themselves after they ate the fruit.

But yeah, y'all are prolly tired of my little "sermon". lol So I'll stop. (even though I have more. ;) ) But those are some of the things I think about during the day after reading/listening to stuff like that! And I wanted to share it with y'all. But! On to my day.

Today was one of the most annoying baby watching day of my life... of my life. I mean, *yanks hair* I think I've been scarred for life! jk But I found out Emmy loves to go on walks in the stroller. (thank goodness!) I mean, it wasn't but 5 minutes and she was sleep! (double thank goodness!) But I have the greatest weekend ahead of me! Journey rally tomorrow, Ally carter/sleepover the next day and the Journey over the weekend!! VVOVV! Can't wait! Also! I'm so excited because my ISC story is coming along great! So far I have 1,925 vvords! (and I haven't written any tonight. So I'm prolly going to break the 2,000 record tonight! *squeals of joy!!!!!!*) I've posted some on here and vvill post regularly.

Anyway, this is getting really, really, really long. Y'all are prolly asleep by now. :P So I shall shut up. But it was kinda nice writing a long blog. haha *checks word count* About 965 vvords. Yikes!

I'll see y'all later!
Misters

3 comments:

  1. Thats awesome Misty! I love when we're shown things like that and it just makes everything seem alrght..Untill the next time I guess. :) Well its nice your parents still let you have the blog...at least we won't be totally out of contact! I'm sending you something in the Mail today though! LOVE YA LOTS!!! Olivia <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah.

    Yup!

    YAY!! Can't vvait to get it!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok well hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or Monday! :)

    Hows school been going?

    <3

    ReplyDelete